Software for heat transfer and ground heat
HEAT2 - Heat transfer in two dimensions
Update Info for HEAT2
· For admins/superusers: It is now possible to silently install, uninstall, activate, and deactivate HEAT2 using a command line in a batch-file, see
· Compatibility with Windows 10 "Creators update" added.
· New version of TurboActivate (22.214.171.124).
· Compatibility with Windows 10 Anniversary added.
Version 10.1 update
· New look of file open/save dialogs
· Preview possible for Dxf/Dwg-files in the Cad import open file dialog
· Fixed problem: clicking in the post-processor menu sometimes froze the image for a short while
· Fixed problem: some windows were earlier hidden when toggling between HEAT2 and other applications
· Fixed problem: "cannot open clipboard: access denied" sometimes came when pasting objects in pre-processor
· Max value for coordinates for ”Input/Initial Temperatures” raised from 250 to 32767
· Max value for coordinates for ”Input/Resistances” raised from 250 to 32767
Version 10.03 update
· Maximum value for coordinates for ”Areas with internal modifications” raised from 250 to 32767
· The small ”squares” indicating current material color were not updated when ”Themes” were applied. (The squares are shown in Material pick list (at upper right), Pre-processor (at lower left), Bitmap editor (black and white squares on the tool bar), and in the Tool menu in the Bitmap editor).
Version 10.02 update
· Bug fix for material editor that "froze" on certain systems.
You can also download the zip-file directly here: heat2.zip
Current language files:
Version 9.04 update
· The modification "Pipe (heat source)" could not be used for transient enthalpy calculations where phase change was occurring in previous version. This is now added.
· Fix for randomly occurring "floating point error" on Windows 7 when calculation was made using menu item "Automatic mesh and L2D". (One user has reported this error.)
Version 9.03 update
· A few font fixes.
Version 9.02 update
· Improved license management.
Version 9.01 update
Jan 8, 2015
· Bitmap image resizing and resampling improved.
· Better adaption to Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
· Several instances of HEAT2 can now be started and active at the same time. This will allow you to work (input and solve) multiple cases at the same time. Solving e.g. 3-4 cases parallel on a CPU with four cores, or 5-6 cases on a CPU with 6 cores should be very efficient.
· Now multilingual + many other smaller improvements.
· New improved license management system. Your "old" license key for HEAT2 v8.0-v8.03 needs to be converted to a new product key for v8.1.
To upgrade your old license of HEAT2 v8.0-v8.03 to v8.1 please use the update function in HEAT2 (menu item ”Info/Check for updates”).
Version 8.03 update
· Improved input on the length panel at the bottom of the pre-processor.
Version 8.02 update
· If a polygon point was drawn to close to another point, it would sometimes be missing.
Version 8.01 update
· The error message "This material file is not allowed in demo version" was sometimes shown.
· Fixed error message ”HEAT2 is registered but ActiveX does not exists". This alert came in some cases for a user without admin rights running HEAT2 under Vista and XP.
· Calculation of psi-factors: HEAT2 assumed for some cases that the indoor climate were placed on the left side of a wall/roof leading to that legends for external/internal lengths ”L(i)” and “L(e)” sometimes were switched.
· Frame cavities: calculations for frame cavities gave an overestimation of a few percent for the heat flow due to radiation when the cavity was enclosed by surfaces with temperatures below zero.
· Recorder: fixed label “Q, point (x,Y) [W/m?]” => “Q, point (x,Y) [W/m2]”.
· System info: “Available virtual memory” was negative if RAM size was above 2 GB.
· Options for steady-state: options for optimization of over-relaxation and numerical scheme are now saved to file.
· Function steps editor: “Paste from clipboard” added to menu.